Page 3 of 4 :: Viewing 51-75 of 99
(unofficial) side7 live chat🗣️🗣️ - Started by: Camazotz
RE: (unofficial) side7 live chat🗣️🗣️
Posted: 04 Oct 2024, 03:58 PM

My parents have a burger king cat named "Gaara" and he's a very cute tabby.

Posted: 04 Oct 2024, 05:21 PM

That cat sounds like a good boy. The goodest boy, even. 

Posted: 04 Oct 2024, 06:03 PM

I wish you all a delightful friday 🥂

Posted: 04 Oct 2024, 06:42 PM

That moment when it only just dawns on me that this thread and this one are the same but complete opposites, inspired by an oldie. Would recommend pairing the two and using them in conjunction.

Posted: 04 Oct 2024, 10:55 PM
This post has been edited 1 time. Last edit on 04 Oct 2024, 11:02 PM.

before I started my residence in Deviantart(and bunch of other sites) in 2008, I first joined Friendster in late 2007.

even Friendster is later no more in 2015

Posted: 05 Oct 2024, 10:24 PM

I used to hate beer but now I love it, does anyone agree?

Posted: 05 Oct 2024, 10:36 PM

I use to have Coca Cola addictions until I can't drink it for health reasons

Posted: 06 Oct 2024, 12:31 AM

dude youre so much better without coca cola n sodas n stuff, i left all the sugary drinks months ago and now i feel more energized, i hope your health has improved and that you're feeling better, the cravings go strong at the beginning but after 1-2 weeks you don't even miss it XD

Posted: 06 Oct 2024, 12:36 AM

if it gets hard to do so i suggest  replacing the sugary drinks by natural fruit juices, smoothies, or teas, of course the ideal thing to replace sugary drinks and sodas with is water, but i understand it can be quite hard to beat the cravings >> drinking teas helped me a lot

Posted: 06 Oct 2024, 12:44 AM

Camazotz:

dude youre so much better without coca cola n sodas n stuff, i left all the sugary drinks months ago and now i feel more energized, i hope your health has improved and that you're feeling better, the cravings go strong at the beginning but after 1-2 weeks you don't even miss it XD

what makes me left Coca Cola was: my body did forces me to stop drinking coca cola

Posted: 06 Oct 2024, 03:59 AM

I love baja blast. But, I gave it up because of the South Beach diet. I feel better now.

Posted: 06 Oct 2024, 04:49 AM

I used to dislike or hate My Little Pony Friendship is Magic until someone contacted me(out of my Warhammer 40k fandom, through comments in favorite folder that now lost to Eclipse) turns me into Brony by browsing his Favorites, back in 2011

Posted: 06 Oct 2024, 02:16 PM

I always liked My Little Pony, both G1 and G4.

Posted: 06 Oct 2024, 09:55 PM
This post has been edited 1 time. Last edit on 06 Oct 2024, 10:00 PM.

FurryKittens:

I always liked My Little Pony, both G1 and G4.

even when I personally only like G4(for first 2 seasons)

neutral on older generations of MLP, my least favorite is G5(for being G4's sequel that surprisingly broke the rules established in G4, among other reasons)

Pre-G4 MLP generations was rarely sequels to each other

Posted: 07 Oct 2024, 02:08 AM

NaruSasu is canon. NaruSasu makes me happy. Its always a good day for NaruSasu.

Posted: 07 Oct 2024, 06:43 AM

my Sonic characters' plushies are bootlegs, which explains Sonic's weird looks, other Sonic males' lack of tails, and so on

Posted: 07 Oct 2024, 08:27 PM
This post has been edited 4 times. Last edit on 07 Oct 2024, 09:09 PM.

Masonicon:

agreed on "Deviantart's current staff" parts here, at least

The reason why I brought up the first pointer is because it's not fair to claim that every fan of the show is like that, because fandoms aren't monoliths. It's also pretty well known that DeviantArt has been declining ever since it launched, although the updates from 2018 onwards certainly sped up its decline. Fandoms and hatedoms don't affect the quality of a site, they just determine whether it's a safe or hostile environment, of which DeviantArt has been fairly hostile since at least the Snapesnogger era of the site.
That scandal happened not too many years after DeviantArt left closed-beta, and it was an utter trainwreck; people still target Owlygem to this day, because it apparently hasn't occured to them that she's moved on. To put it into perspective, the scandal went on for years, so I was either in speech training or kindergarten around that time. I was either 11 or 12 when I signed up, because I was too impatient to wait for my 13th birthday, and I was eager to share my art with my friends. I deliberately avoided brightly saturated colors when I started drawing canine yokai because of the sparkledog hate trend of the 2010s, although I used to draw sparkly-colored characters in private. It didn't stop people from harassing me for drawing said yokai over their sphinx-esque designs, put in a cringe comp, accused of very serious crimes without proof, and having my art favorited into "bad art" collections, because it was already popular to hate human-faced animals, anthro or not.
What does that tell you guys?

Masonicon:

I used to dislike or hate My Little Pony Friendship is Magic until someone contacted me(out of my Warhammer 40k fandom, through comments in favorite folder that now lost to Eclipse) turns me into Brony by browsing his Favorites, back in 2011

I'm not going to pretend I'm innocent in regards to this situation, but I pretended to hate MLP when Friendship is Magic came out; I actually used to be a brony when I was 7, years before the word was even coined. I revealed it years later and got called a "pony[homophobic slur]", because apparently having liked the show when you were 7 years old is a horrible secret to keep hidden from the public. Also, the double standard that girls liking boy things is fine, but vice versa determines your sexual orientation or gender identity is a tale as old as time (Homophobia was common, and trans people were almost universally stigmatized.) Anti-bronies weren't above mistreating children either, which is ironic because most of their young male victims were 10, and therefore in the later age range the show was meant for according to them, but being a cis male apparently made it "wrong", one of the school bullies even threatened to kill my bestie's pet pony, because they can't separate MLP ponies from real ones, and our teacher did nothing. Ironically, the Cutie Mark Crusaders' song reveals that they're not the same species since they separate themselves from horses, and they're possibly a fictional species of perissodactylid that happens to look similar, kind of like how hyenas look like a wolf and a big cat did the fusion dance from DBZ.

Posted: 07 Oct 2024, 09:28 PM

This month is already going by fast. Holy puppers.

Posted: 07 Oct 2024, 10:24 PM
This post has been edited 3 times. Last edit on 07 Oct 2024, 10:24 PM.

anyone remember HTFSocial?

Personally, back when I joined(as I thought to be pre-facebook Social Media combined with HTF fansite) it I finds out most people in it's chatroom didn't care about Happy Tree Friends, as well toxic to me for slapping IRL conspiracy theories into Massive crossover fanproject, even when many of them managed to moves on from their toxicity in late 2010s-today

the reason behind those people's hatred of me was later become mindset of whoever Destroying the Internet

Posted: 07 Oct 2024, 10:31 PM

Shadane:
It's also pretty well known that DeviantArt has been declining ever since it launched

"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move."
— Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

Quote:
...I pretended to hate MLP when Friendship is Magic came out...

I enjoyed the pony parody videos but was ambivalent to the franchise as a whole. CivFanatics had a dedicated FiM discussion thread that I peeked in on semi-regularly; most of it was harmless but I always felt wry amusement seeing grown adults (mostly men) trying to apply comprehensive Marxist critical theory to the writers' motivations—kids' shows have become a lot more comfortable with subversive storytelling nowadays (see: Steven Universe), but there was some pretty far reaching over what really weren't deep plots. :p

On the flip side, a close colleague developed an embarrassingly blind hatedom over what he later confessed was anxiety over his own masculinity, to the point that me just posting pony memes was enough for him to convince himself I was a card-carrying brony. Thankfully he's since gotten over it (I think). I still owe him a ponysona...

Quote:
kind of like how hyenas look like a wolf and a big cat did the fusion dance from DBZ.

...I both love and hate this image. XD

Posted: 07 Oct 2024, 11:07 PM
This post has been edited 1 time. Last edit on 08 Oct 2024, 12:35 AM.

Blind/rabid Digimon Adventure 02 hatedoms did forgets that Takeru and Hikari being part of 02 crew(when both are without both being sidelined and nerfed into even anti-sues) are fully possible

Posted: 08 Oct 2024, 04:41 PM

Thorvald:

Quote:
kind of like how hyenas look like a wolf and a big cat did the fusion dance from DBZ.

...I both love and hate this image. XD

I just figured it would be an accurate comparison, since hyenas, especially the species with patterned coats always looked to me like a fusion between dogs and cats, but with a genetic mutation in both animals being natural for them (long arms).

Posted: 08 Oct 2024, 04:45 PM

Masonicon:

Blind/rabid Digimon Adventure 02 hatedoms did forgets that Takeru and Hikari being part of 02 crew(when both are without both being sidelined and nerfed into even anti-sues) are fully possible

From my experience, rabid haters of DA2 tend to be the same kind of Digimon fans always trying to pick fights with Pokemon fans over which franchise is "better", and yet I'm here, someone that likes both franchises, watching the petty squabbles while sitting on a recliner with a bucket of popcorn. I honestly never believed in the concept of  Mary Sues/Gary Stus/whatever the enby variant is, and I even planned to make a comedic film in the future poking fun at both concepts. Ever since I was a kid, I started to think it was just another way of saying "a character I just don't like, because I like to bully kids", because people would often call my or my friends' characters "Mary Sues", and ironically, they failed every single test regarding that trope.  

Posted: 08 Oct 2024, 06:04 PM

Jason Funderberker is going to Brazil.

Posted: 08 Oct 2024, 10:10 PM
This post has been edited 1 time. Last edit on 08 Oct 2024, 10:11 PM.

Shadane:

Masonicon:

From my experience, rabid haters of DA2 tend to be the same kind of Digimon fans always trying to pick fights with Pokemon fans over which franchise is "better", and yet I'm here, someone that likes both franchises, watching the petty squabbles while sitting on a recliner with a bucket of popcorn. I honestly never believed in the concept of  Mary Sues/Gary Stus/whatever the enby variant is, and I even planned to make a comedic film in the future poking fun at both concepts. Ever since I was a kid, I started to think it was just another way of saying "a character I just don't like, because I like to bully kids", because people would often call my or my friends' characters "Mary Sues", and ironically, they failed every single test regarding that trope.  

I like both Digimon and Pokemon too, my problem with both was: people misuse word "Mary sues" or "Gary Stus" on any superpowered characters(when it's other than titular creatures) in Adventure canon of Digimon and original anime of Pokemon(when this shoehorns Ash and Team Rocket Trio) often just for being "Out of Place" there

granted, Digmon and Pokemon franchises uses lot of universes each, as long as Digimon =/= Adventure series and Pokemon =/= anime that shoehorns Ash and Team Rocket trio, even both series doesn't limit the species of Superpowered Beings to titular creatures, even when non-Adventure Digimon series and Pokemon(outside original anime) lack my favorite characters

Page 3 of 4 :: Viewing 51-75 of 99