Page 1 of 1 :: Viewing 1-2 of 2
What's the most amount of time between the creation of a TV show (or book/game) and you deciding to view it? - Started by: chaseawaythedark
What's the most amount of time between the creation of a TV show (or book/game) and you deciding to view it?
Posted: 09 Aug 2024, 08:07 PM

So I was going through an art phase (you may know the kind, I'm still in it) and it involved The Mysterious Cities of Gold (conceived in 1982) so I decided to watch it. I imagine many people would think "what a waste of time", but it really sucks you in. I don't know, you just get immersed in a sense I guess, like a kind of "age regression". Though I was born right before Y2K, or the Clock Market Crash as I like to call it, so asking me about age is like asking an ant about the backyard it's in.

What's the longest amount of time that has elapsed from its conception before you decided to try something?

RE: What's the most amount of time between the creation of a TV show (or book/game) and you deciding to view it?
Posted: 10 Aug 2024, 05:58 PM
This post has been edited 1 time. Last edit on 10 Aug 2024, 05:58 PM.

For me, that would be reading Flatland: A Romance of Many Dimensions by Edward Abbott Abbott in 2017, a book written in 1884. I am still obsessed with it and the two movie adaptations it spawned, as well as the Gravity Falls sub-fandom relating to Bill Cipher's background (he is most likely a Flatlander, as seen in the Reddit AMA Alex Hirsch did for Bill)

Page 1 of 1 :: Viewing 1-2 of 2